Law Offices of Dennis M. Clare, PSC
This is an Advertisement
Call For A Confidential Consultation:

February 2018 Archives

Immigration Services

The benefits of family immigration

There are some people in Kentucky and across the nation who feel that only "skilled" immigrants, with an education should enter our country. They may fear that "chain migration" could have a negative effect on our nation's economy and crime rate. In one Harvard-Harris Poll, 80 percent of those polled stated that immigrants with skills and an education should be prioritized over those who are coming to the U.S. based on having relations in the country.

Man facing immediate deportation granted one-year stay

It can be a terrifying experience for an immigrant in Kentucky or anywhere else in the nation to be detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, often with little notice. However, sometimes, these stories have happy endings. For example, one man living in the United States has been granted a one-year stay of removal after previously been notified by ICE that he will be deported immediately.

Immigrants in Kentucky can seek help with the citizenship process

The United States has long been the "Land of Opportunity," so it is no surprise that some immigrants in Kentucky and across the nation will one day want to apply for U.S. citizenship. The path towards citizenship can be confusing, and one misstep could delay the process. Fortunately, the attorneys at our firm understand what is necessary to become a U.S. citizen, and we are able to help our clients every step of the way.

Can I be deported if I am a legal resident?

Watching the news lately may be unsettling for many who are foreign nationals in the United States. It seems like every night the news reports on the deportation of those who entered the country illegally. For some, this was their only offense, but for others, criminal activity resulted in their removal from the U.S.

Seeking a fiancé visa when love knows no geographic bounds

As some in Kentucky may say, "Love knows no bounds" -- even geographic ones. It is not unusual for a person in the United States to fall in love with someone who lives in another country. When that happens, the couple may wish to marry in the United States and start the process of naturalization for the foreign-born partner. However, in order to do so the foreign-born partner will first need to obtain a fiancé€ visa, if they are not currently living legally in the U.S.

Learn How We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

745 W. Main Street, Suite 250
Louisville, KY 40202

Toll Free: 888-364-0726
Phone: 502-410-3861
Fax: 502-587-6400
Louisville Law Office Map