Law Offices of Dennis M. Clare, PSC
This is an Advertisement
Call For A Confidential Consultation:

February 2019 Archives

Immigration Services

Bill addresses limits on green cards for highly-skilled workers

Employers in Kentucky and across the United States often need highly-skilled workers to fulfill various roles within their organizations. These employers may want to expand their pool of applicants to include those who live abroad. However, migrants seeking U.S. permanent residency based on an employment-based visas face challenges in doing so.

Foreign-born workers face delays in obtaining green cards

The wait time for foreign-born workers looking to obtain an employment-based green card is growing significantly longer. This is frustrating both for those seeking U.S. permanent residency and those in the U.S. who want to hire them. Kentucky residents may be surprised to hear that some of those seeking a H-1B employment visa are waiting over 12 months for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to process their applications. This does not include the decade-long wait some foreign-born workers must undergo to obtain a green card.

How can highly skilled immigrants lawfully work in Kentucky?

Many foreign-born people working in Kentucky and across the United States have a college degree. There are four common ways a person from another nation can lawfully reside in the U.S. They could obtain a H-1b visa, an F-1 visa, a green card or through the Optional Practical Training program.

Family reunification is important to many people in Kentucky

Many people in Kentucky have loved ones living abroad that wish to lawfully enter the U.S. In order to do so, it is important to understand the family immigration process. This includes knowing what visa is most appropriate to your situation and what steps you need to take to obtain one. Depending on the relation to the sponsor, some family-based visas are limited in number, while others are unlimited. Again, knowing what is in one's best option takes a good understanding of immigration law.

Are you safe from ICE if you hide in a church?

If you already know U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is seeking to have you removed from the country, or if your situation places you at risk of deportation, you may have many questions about your options. In fact, you may spend much of your time wondering and worrying about what to do and what will happen to you and your family if ICE officials force you to leave the United States.

Learn How We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

745 W. Main Street, Suite 250
Louisville, KY 40202

Toll Free: 888-364-0726
Phone: 502-410-3861
Phone: 502-587-6400
Fax: 502-587-6400
Louisville Law Office Map