Law Offices of Dennis M. Clare, PSC
This is an Advertisement
Call For A Confidential Consultation:

December 2019 Archives

Immigration Services

ICE plans to reopen closed DACA cases with eye to deportation

The government's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program has created a seemingly secure class of immigrants who have been protected from deportation because they were brought into the United States by their parents when they were very young. Now, according to a recent report, this class of immigrants has begun to receive e-mails from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Administration telling these residents that their immigration cases may be re-opened to determine whether they are in the country legally.

Passing the test to obtain a green card for your spouse

Your marriage celebration may have been a momentous occasion for you, especially if it involved the traditions and customs of your spouse from another country. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who married outside the U.S., you may have had goals from the beginning to bring your spouse to Kentucky. However, you may already know how complex the U.S. immigration system can be.

ACLU lawsuit takes action on asylum claims

People seeking political asylum must meet certain criteria. In October, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced that it was introducing a new policy that would fast-track the review of requests for asylum. One of the major features of the new procedure would be the reduction of the review period to three days. If the person was found lacking in qualifications for asylum status, the person would be sent back to the country from which they were emigrating. On December 7, 2019, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit in federal court in Washington, D.C., challenging the new procedures, specifically the limited waiting period.

ICE used fake university to entrap immigrants seeking F-1 visas

One of the easiest ways for immigrants to remain in the United States is to acquire a so-called "student visa," known officially as an F-1 non-immigrant visa. Such visas are granted to individuals who have obtained a bachelor's degree or similar degree from a school in their native country to travel to and remain in the U.S. to complete a graduate degree program. Because the fields of study most often involve science, technology, engineering or mathematics, the visas are also called STEM visas.

What is a green card and how can I get one?

Although it touches the lives of many, the United States immigration system is very complex. For people living in the United States without legal citizenship, for instance, a green card can become a valuable piece of paper. However, the process for obtaining a green card can be difficult to understand.

Learn How We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

745 W. Main Street, Suite 250
Louisville, KY 40202

Toll Free: 888-364-0726
Phone: 502-410-3861
Fax: 502-587-6400
Louisville Law Office Map