There are several employment-based visa options for immigrants to the USA

It can be complicated to seek an employment-based visa. There are several requirements and qualifications that you will need to meet before the government will provide a visa to you.

There are many kinds of employment-based visas that you may want, such as the EB-5, which is for investors, the L-1 intra-company transfer visa or the H-1B special occupation visa. It’s necessary to select the correct type of visa for your application. Then, you need to make sure that your application is filled out thoroughly and with the requisite information.

Will you need a labor certification to come to the USA?

When you come to the United States, one part of this application process that you may have to take part in is a labor certification. This is a process that the employer who is bringing an immigrant worker to the United States has to complete. As the potential employee, you need to provide different paperwork to the employer to verify that you are able to work in the country with the required skill.

This certification is most commonly needed in the EB-1 visa category, which is reserved for those with extraordinary abilities in research, business, art, science or other industries. It also applies to multinational business executives.

Can you come to America on the Immigrant Investor Program?

This program is a great way to come to America if you are a foreign investor. Each year, there are 10,000 EB-5 visas open to foreign investors. These visas are granted when the foreign investor makes a $1 million investment (or $500,000 in a Targeted Employment Area). This program requires that any investment needs to create at least 10 full-time jobs within two years, though that can be extended if there is a reason that it may take longer to create those positions.

If you want to come to the USA, know that there are several employment-based visa options that you may try. The visa you apply for will be based on what you plan to do in the United States and if you plan to invest a large sum of money into the economy.



FindLaw Network